A crown is a dental restoration used to completely cover a seriously decayed or damaged tooth. By encasing the tooth starting at the gums, the dental crown restores the tooth to optimal strength, structure, and shape. Each dental crown is custom made to match the size and shape of your natural teeth; your crown can also be made from tooth-colored porcelain to blend in with your natural tooth color. Crowns are very versatile restorations and can be used for a number of restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- To improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- To support a large filling if little natural tooth structure is left
- To enhance the appearance of a severely stained or discolored tooth
Dr. Laurin Cardwell will make certain that your dental crown in Sylva, North Carolina, fits your smile comfortably and aesthetically. While crowns are designed to last for many years, your restoration may need to be repaired or replaced in the future. For more information about dental crowns and the other restorations we offer at Cardwell Family Dentistry, we invite you to call our dentist and team today. We are eager to improve your smile!